Part-Time Recruitment & Resource Specialist
Assists WERC with recruitment of students, accurately processes Intake paperwork, develops and maintains community resources with Community Based Organizations (CBO’s), and provides outstanding customer service to help Displaced Homemakers with their training and employment needs. Maintains new and existing employer partnerships to include researching job leads to help students find connections that lead to gainful employment. Continually develops awareness of WERC’s programs and increases the number of women that WERC serves.
- Part-Time Recruitment & Resource Specialist will work on-site at WERC Troy Satellite office, 120 Defreest Drive, Troy, NY for approximately 60% of allocated time, 20% at the BOCES Training Center, 1015 Watervliet Shaker Rd, Albany, NY and approximately 20% of allocated time will be remote work.
- Excellent computer and communication skills are required.
- A cover letter is required with resume. Resumes received without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
The Duties of the Recruitment & Resource Specialist include (but are not limited to):
- Deliver outstanding customer service while interviewing new participants to assess their training and employment needs and explore career options
- Responsible for accurate completion of Intake/Registration paperwork and updating computer-based client records, case notes and New York State’s One Stop Operating System (OSOS)
- Shares student information with WERC Staff/Consultants, tracks student data, and recognizes the importance of confidentiality
- Network with local organizations and their employees on behalf of WERC, attending public meetings to raise awareness about WERC’s programs
- Refer participants to other agencies and resources in the community
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of activities and events that provide opportunities for employment for WERC's students
Communication and Reports
- Accurately track data on students and other required information for monthly, quarterly and annual reports according to funding agreements or direction of agency supervision
- Prepare monthly reports for submission to the Executive Director
- Create and distribute e-mail and social media communications to share resources and WERC programs with WERC students and graduates
Student Employment Support
- Work one-on-one with participants and Employment Consultant to assist with career assessments, creating resumes, online job searches, and interview practices
- Develop and write student success stories that demonstrate the effectiveness of WERC programs
- Provide resources and feedback to consultants as they work with participants to strengthen participants’ job readiness and one-on-one meetings and workshops
- An Associate’s Degree or High School Diploma or GED AND a minimum of two years of experience working in the field of Human Services, Employment Services or with a Community Organization maybe accepted in lieu of degree
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Internet research skills are required
- Strong writing ability to include editing and strong verbal interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- The ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a wide variety of personalities and a strong contributor in team environments
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines
- Experience in employment support, case management, familiarity of local social service providers will also be considered a plus
- The candidate may also be required to possess, and have ability to maintain a valid driver’s license as travel to and from program locations throughout the Capital Region may be required
- A strong belief in the mission of WERC and must be sensitive to women’s issues, particularly women in transition who are attempting to re-enter the workforce. A non-judgmental attitude is critically important to work with a diverse population.
The Part-time Recruitment & Resource Specialist works under the supervision of the Executive Director with input and suggestions from the Intake Specialist, Employment Consultant and Employment & Training Coordinator.
Part-time hours will range between 20 to 25 hours per week.
Hourly pay is $15.00.
Electronically submit resume and cover letter including all relevant qualifications to:
Elizabeth Miller Guthier, Executive Director
Capital District Women’s Employment & Resource Center (WERC)
Resumes and Cover letters will be accepted until position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer